This page contains resources that may be of interest to students studying Algebra 1 (first year Algebra). The number of resources on this page will grow as additional items are developed. If you have any questions or special requests, please contact Earl at email@example.com.
- Pre‐Algebra Handbook version 2.3 – Covers math subjects for grades 6, 7 and 8.
- Algebra and PreCalculus Handbook version 2.8 – Covers two years of Algebra and some Pre-Calculus.
For more information on the handbooks, , including download instructions, go to the Math Handbook page.
- Basic Algebra App version 0.7g1 – Covers topics relating to numbers.
- Algebra (Main) App version 0.8c – Covers topics in Algebra up to and including Pre-Calculus.
For more information on the PC Apps, including download instructions, go to the PC Apps page.
The value of reviewing these sample problems and solutions is twofold. The more obvious benefit relates to problems that a student has difficulty solving themselves; a solution is provided. Less obvious is the set of techniques used in our solutions; some of the techniques used on the sample problems may not be taught in the classroom. We concentrate on efficient solutions and shortcuts; so a review of the solved problems may present new techniques that enable a student to be more efficient in their approach to solving problems.
- 2012 "Exponents" Sample Test - Questions and Solutions – Chapter 8 (Exponents) Practice Test and step-by-step solutions.
- 2012 "Semester 2 Sample Final" Questions and Solutions – Semester 2 Sample Final and step-by-step solutions (2 files).
- 2014 "Factoring" Sample Test Questions and Solutions – Unit 8 (Factoring) Practice Test and step-by-step solutions (2 files).